All Workplace Desktop for Windows users
Workplace Desktop > Preferences... > Preferences button > Workplace Sync tab
Workplace DesktopAlso known as the Workplace Desktop app, and in the context of this documentation, simply "the app," Workplace Desktop is the software installed on a computer that is responsible for synchronizing data between the local drive and the cloud. for Windows offers Microsoft Office Locking support. When it's enabled,
- The file will lock as soon as the user begins editing the document.
- When a file is open, the user will be notified if the file is updated by another user.
- The file will automatically unlock when it is closed.
Additionally, the Lock files automatically in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint option can be enabled, which will lock file automatically once editing of one of these document types begin.
- Microsoft Office 2007 or later
- Latest version of the Workplace"Workplace" describes the Autotask Workplace service in its entirety. Desktop for Windows.
- Click the Workplace icon in the taskbar.
- Go to Preferences... > Preferences button > Workplace Sync tab
- Select or clear the Microsoft Office Locking Support check box to enable or disable the feature.
- Optionally, select or clear the Lock files automatically in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint check box to enable or disable the feature:
|Forward this topic to others|