Windows taskbar > > Preferences... > Preferences button > Workplace Sync tab
Windows taskbar > > Settings > Folder Sync... > Sync Project...> Sync Project to Local Folder > Select Project...
The ProjectA project is a top-level folder within Autotask Workplace. A project is the primary container for all the folders and files that are synchronized by the Workplace service. Projects create the basic organizational structure to store data and control user access. Loader allows you to pre-populate projects with local data instead of syncing a project from the cloud. By copying the files from a local source, considerable time and bandwidth can be saved.
In order for projects to be visible and accessible to the Project Loader, first the project must be shared with the team member who is using the Project Loader. Refer to Manage Project, Folder, and File Shares.
- Use one of the paths noted at the beginning of this topic.
- Select the Use Project Loader check box.
Select either Selective Sync or Full Sync.
The free disk space on the machine must be greater than the size of the folder selected plus 1GB!
Click OK to start the Project Loader. The system will execute the following steps:
- Step 1 - The Project Loader scans all the files within the selected folder:
- Step 3 - The synchronization with the server is initialized:
- Step 4 - The local project is populated with files that are available from the local source and where exact matches exist on the server.
Only exact matches are copied to the active project within the Workplace"Workplace" describes the Autotask Workplace service in its entirety. folder. Files that exist on the Workplace service with no exact match found in the local source will be synced down to the machine. Files that exist in the local source that are not matched will be ignored:
- Step 5 - The locally available files have completed copying to the locally stored project. The number of files that have been matched and copied are displayed, along with the amount of files needing to be synced (downloaded):
Click Close to complete the Project Loader and commence syncing the files not currently within the selected project.
|Forward this topic to others|