Administrators and Super Administrators
Workplace Online > Configuration > Active Directory
The AD Azure integration is a way of integrating Workplace"Workplace" describes the Autotask Workplace service in its entirety. with Microsoft (Windows) Azure Active Directory (WAAD). This integration allows users and groups to be synced from WAAD. Once configured and enabled, users can authenticate with their Active Directory credentials and keep their email address, telephone number and name synchronized with Active Directory.
Before you begin
- This release note is supplementary to the Active Directory Integration Guide, which should be read in full prior to implementation of this integration.
- The implementation requires information from Microsoft Azure. Please see the WAAD Configuration Supplement Guide for this information.
- An Azure administrator account
- An Azure Active Directory service
- Application ID, API Key, and Authentication domain from WAAD
- A Workplace administrator account
If two-factor authentication is enabled in AD Azure, you will not be able to log in to Workplace.
The Azure AD integration is quick and easy to setup:
- Log in to Workplace OnlineWorkplace Online is the web portal that users within a team can use to access their data and administer their team. as an administrator.
- Go to Configuration > Active Directory.
- Select the Azure AD option.
If an Active Directory integration is already enabled, click Configure to choose between the connection modes.
- Complete the following fields:
|Authentication Domain||Enter the domain of the WAAD (refer to WAAD Configuration Supplement Guide)|
|Synchronization at (daily)||Select the time of day that Workplace syncs with Microsoft Azure|
|Application ID / Client ID||Enter the Azure Application ID (refer to WAAD Configuration Supplement Guide)|
|Set Azure API key||Click on ‘Set Azure API key’, then enter the Azure API key (refer to WAAD Configuration Supplement Guide)|
- Optional: Enable the Notify only selected admins option and specify which admins receive email AD Integration email notifications. If the option is left disabled, all admins will receive notifications.
Click Test Azure connection to Active Directory.
Errors returned from WAAD will be displayed, making it easier to identify the cause of a failed connection test.
Click Enable Active Directory.
The integration is now complete. Users and groups can be provisioned, as detailed in the Active Directory Integration Guide.
|Forward this topic to others|