Administrators and Super Administrators
Workplace Online > Configuration > Policy Profiles > open profile > Add Policies > Workplace Desktop Policies > select Backup Folders > click Done > click Manage link
The Backup Folders policy allows you to specify the default folder paths to be backed up to the Workplace"Workplace" describes the Autotask Workplace service in its entirety. service. Once the Backup Folders policy is added to a policy profile, you will designate the new path(s) on this page.
If this policy is enabled, the Backup paths controlled by administrator check box on the Workplace DesktopAlso known as the Workplace Desktop app, and in the context of this documentation, simply "the app," Workplace Desktop is the software installed on a computer that is responsible for synchronizing data between the local drive and the cloud. Backup tab will be selected by default upon installation of Workplace Desktop, but users may clear the check box to customize the back up paths.
If the user selects the check box again, only paths designated in this policy will be backed up.
- Select Absolute Path or a predefined path from the dropdown list.
- For Windows, optionally click a token to add it to the path. If you're unsure of what the tokens mean, hover for a tooltip.
- For Mac, use ~ to represent the user's folder.
- When your path is complete, click Add.
You may add multiple paths.
- Click Save.
- Click the X icon next to the path you wish to delete.
- Click Save.
|Forward this topic to others|