Administrators and Super Administrators
Workplace Online > Configuration > Policy Profiles > open profile > Add Policies > Workplace Desktop Policies > select Workplace Folder Location > click Done > click Manage link.
Default Workplace Folder Location
The Workplace FolderThe Workplace Folder is a folder created on the local drive of a computer which contains the synchronized folders and files from the associated Workplace account. Location policy allows you to specify the default location for the Workplace Folder on installation of Workplace DesktopAlso known as the Workplace Desktop app, and in the context of this documentation, simply "the app," Workplace Desktop is the software installed on a computer that is responsible for synchronizing data between the local drive and the cloud..
Once this policy is added to a policy profile, you will designate new path(s) on this page.
The following rules govern path use:
- Multiple paths can be designated.
- If a folder in the specified path does not exist, Workplace Desktop will attempt to create it.
- Tokens such as OS user name, OS computer name, Datt Workplace UserIDThe UserID is a unique identifer for a member or connection within a Workplace team., etc., can be used to specify variables in the path(s).
- The path(s) are validated by Workplace Desktop. If the path(s) are found to be invalid, the app will skip to next specified path.
- The default location for the Workplace Desktop folder remains unchanged. If no other valid path is provided, it will reside in the user profile.
- If multiple paths are provided, the Workplace Folder will be created using the first valid path the system encounters, using the order in which you provided the paths.
- In order for the path to be valid:
- the OS user under which Workplace Desktop is installed must have full permissions to the path
- The final folder in the path must not exist or be empty
- Select a path type.
- Click a token to add it to the path.
If you're unsure of what the tokens mean, hover for a tooltip.
- When your path is complete, click Add.
You may add multiple paths. The system will attempt to create the Workplace folder starting with the first path you enter. It will use the first valid path it finds.
- Click Save. Your path will be added to the (OS) Paths list.
When you have added more than one path, icons that allow you to drag and drop items will appear next to the paths.
- Click and hold the next to the item you want to move.
- Move the item.
- Release the mouse button.
- Click Save.
The system will attempt to create the Workplace folder starting with the first path you enter. It will use the first valid path it finds.
- Click the X icon next tot he path you wish to delete.
- Click Save.
|Forward this topic to others|