Autotask Workplace Online > Projects > click a project, folder, or file > Click Comments
Autotask Workplace Online > Dashboard > click a project, folder, or file > Click Comments
A comment is a note that can be added to a project, folder, or file by a user, or by the system. Comments are a useful collaboration tool that provide a clear overview of conversation and events relating to the project, folder or file with which they are associated.
System comments are also included in the comments thread, providing an audit trail of project-related activity.
For more detailed information on project activity, refer to Reports.
System comments are automatically created when:
- The item you're viewing the comments for was created.
- A file is changed.
- The item is shared.
- A public link sent from within Workplace OnlineWorkplace Online is the web portal that users within a team can use to access their data and administer their team..
Icons indicate which event resulted in the creation of the comment:
If the comment is new, the icon will be blue.
Regardless of the type of item the comment is associated with, the mechanisms for creating, viewing and managing comments is always the same.
- Find the project or folder to which you wish to add a comment in any of these locations:
- Use one of the following methods to access the comments area, depending where you are:
- In the detail views, click Comments to expand the comments area or select More > Comment in the button menu.
- Click inside the text box. This will expand the notification area.
- Type your comment.
- To choose a notification type, select the Text Message and/or Email check box.
If you don't want to send any notifications, clear both check boxes.
- Select the check boxes corresponding to the users and/or groups you wish to notify of your comment.
Select the All Team Members working on this Project check box to automatically select all users with whom the item has been shared.
- Click Add Comment.
- To delete a comment, find the project, folder, or file from any of these locations:
- Click Comments. This will expand the comments area:
- Hover over the comment you wish to remove. If you have the correct permissions, a delete link will appear.
- Click the delete link.
|Forward this topic to others|