SECURITY All users
NAVIGATION Various paths
The Workplace"Workplace" describes the Workplace service in its entirety. six-month data retention feature allows you to undelete data that has been deleted by mistake. Any files, folders or projects deleted within Workplace will be available to "undelete" for 180 days, so you can be sure that your data remains safe and secure even if accidentally deleted. At any point during the 180 day retention period, the file, folder or project can either be undeleted or restored (downloaded).
When you delete a project, which can only be done via Workplace OnlineWorkplace Online is the web portal that users within a team can use to access their data and administer their team., the project is removed from Workplace, and therefore, from all your devices and all your team members' devices. No one will be able to access data once you delete it.
Delete, undelete, and restore permissions for projects operate according to the following rules:
|Workplace Online||Desktop Agent||Workplace MobileWorkplace Mobile is the Workplace application designed specifically for the various mobile platforms, providing access to Workplace. App|
|ProjectA project is a top-level folder within Workplace. A project is the primary container for all the folders and files that are synchronized by the Workplace service. Projects create the basic organizational structure to store data and control user access.||Only project owners can delete, undelete and restore projects.*||If anyone deletes a project, it will only unsync the project on that device.**||It is not possible for anyone to delete a project.|
|File or Folder||The project owner or anyone with Full Access can delete, undelete, and restore a file or folder.*||The project owner or any user will Full Access permissions to the file or folder can delete it.||The project owner or any user will Full Access permissions to the file or folder can delete it.|
|* Super Administrators can delete, undelete, and restore projects, files, or folders in Workplace Online via Manage Projects.
**Unsyncing a project will not result in its removal from other devices or in Workplace Online.
IMPORTANT In Workplace, if you delete a file or folder, it is deleted for everyone!
Setting permissions appropriately is a highly effective way to avoid deletions that inadvertently affect other users. Refer to Managing Project, Folder, and File Team Shares.
Instead of undeleting an item, however, you may wish to restore it instead. Restore and undelete are different:
- Undelete: Reverses the delete operation. The deleted Project, folder or file will be placed back into its original location.
- Restore: Allows you to download the project, folder or file to a specified location.
If you want to restore an item, refer to Restore an Item.
NOTE You cannot restore files that have been quarantined as a result of a malware incident.
- Locate the project, folder or file you want to delete in one of the following places:
- Use one of the following methods to access the delete function, depending where you are:
- In the detail views, click More » Manage » Delete
- In the list views, right-click the item and select Manage » Deleteor click the icon and select Manage » Delete.
- Confirm the deletion.
Simply delete the item the same way you would delete any other locally stored folder or file on your computer.
NOTE Projects can only be deleted via Workplace Online.
- Go to Workplace Online » Projects
- Using the Project View Menu, select Deleted Projects:
- Select the check box corresponding to the project, right-click the project, or click the icon.
- Select Undelete.
- Go to Workplace Online.
- Locate the project in which the deleted folder or file was stored.
NOTE To view recently deleted files, go to Dashboard » Recent Changes.
Check the 'Show deleted' box to display deleted items:
- Locate the folder or file, either by navigating the folder structure or by using the search field:
Select the check box corresponding to the folder, right-click the project, or click the icon.
- Select Undelete.