Users with full access and reshare permissions for the project or folder
Email uploads to a project or folder require that the email address from which the mail is sent is associated with a user who has Create and Modify or Full Access permissions.
Workplace Online > Projects > click a project > Email
Workplace Online > Projects > click a project > click a folder > Email
Files can be automatically uploaded to Workplace"Workplace" describes the Autotask Workplace service in its entirety. by emailing to a project or folder. Additionally, the body of the email can be automatically uploaded when emailing to a project or folder.
The process described in this topic is appropriate for members and connections. If you want to allow someone who is not a Workplace user to be able to email items to a project, they can do so using the same email address provided when you enable upload on a public link. Refer to Manage Project, Folder, and File Public Links for more information.
- Click Email. This will expand the Email area:
- Select the Allow uploads to this folder via email check box. An email to folder address will be generated and displayed.
- Select one of the following options:
- File attachments only: File attachments are uploaded to Workplace directly, but any text within the email is discarded.
- Body and file attachments of email: The entire email is uploaded as an .eml file, including email body and attachments.
Inline attachments smaller than 4KB will not be saved.
- Your changes will be saved automatically.
You must Enable email uploads to a project or folder before proceeding.
- Go to the Project Detail orFolder Detail view for the project or folder to which you want to add a file via file.
- Click Email to expand the Email section.
- Click the Email to folder address to open a message in your default email application.
- Add your file(s) to the email.
Depending on the selection made in Enable email uploads to a project or folder, the body of your email may or may not be uploaded to the project. Attachments will always be uploaded.
- Send your email.
|Forward this topic to others|