SECURITY All Workplace Desktop and Workplace Mobile users
NAVIGATION Workplace Online » Projects » click a project » Click Sync
NAVIGATION Workplace Online » Dashboard » click a project » Click Sync
Workplace"Workplace" describes the Workplace service in its entirety. allows you to specify which projects are synced to your device(s). Syncing and unsyncing can be performed through either Workplace OnlineWorkplace Online is the web portal that users within a team can use to access their data and administer their team. or Workplace DesktopAlso known as the Workplace Desktop app, and in the context of this documentation, simply "the app," Workplace Desktop is the software installed on a computer that is responsible for synchronizing data between the local drive and the cloud..
NOTE If you wish to sync only certain folder within a project in order to save local storage space, refer to Selective Sync.
If you wish to sync or unsync from your Workplace Desktop app, refer to Sync and Unsync Projects to Your ComputerWorkplace Desktop Preferences
- Go to
Workplace Online » Projects » click a project » Click Sync
Workplace Online » DashboardThe dashboard is an integrated, intelligent overview of all your recent project activities in Workplace. » click a project » Click Sync.
This will expand the ProjectA project is a top-level folder within Workplace. A project is the primary container for all the folders and files that are synchronized by the Workplace service. Projects create the basic organizational structure to store data and control user access. Sync view:
NOTE The number devices to which the project is synced appears next to the Sync link.
- Select one of the options below. If all your devices are fully synced, you will not see the sync options.
- Click the all devices link to sync the project to all the devices you've associated with your Workplace account.
- Click the select from a list link to open the Sync DeviceA device is computing device that has access to Workplace, including both mobile devices and computers. Selection popup,
select the device(s) to which you want to sync the project, then click Sync.
NOTE The sync status will be updated when the project has synced to the device. Remember that the device must be online in order for the sync to complete.
- Go to Workplace Online » Projects » click a project » Click Sync or Workplace Online » Dashboard » click a project » Click Sync. This will expand the Project Sync view:
- Click the remove link next to the device you wish to unsync.