Administrators, Super Administrators, and Members who have been granted permission to create Connections
Workplace Online > Team > Connections > Add a Connection button
You'll use this page to add new connections to your team. Connections have a security level that restricts their access to some areas and functions in Workplace"Workplace" describes the Autotask Workplace service in its entirety.. As connections cannot have a storage quota allocated to them, they cannot create projects nor can they backup. They additionally cannot see all members and connections on the team.
- Go to Workplace OnlineWorkplace Online is the web portal that users within a team can use to access their data and administer their team. > TeamA team is an entity, usually a company, which subscribes to the Workplace service. A team is made up of members and connections. > Connections.
- Click the +Add a ConnectionA connection is a restricted user with a named Autotask Workplace account. Connections do not have storage quota allocated to them, they cannot create projects, and they cannot see all members and connections on the team. button.
- Complete the fields on the New Connection page as described in the table below:
|First Name/Last Name *||Enter the first and last name of the connection.|
|Email Address *||Enter the email address of the connection.|
|Password *||Enter the connection's password. They'll be able to change it when they log in, if they wish.
If you would like the system to auto-generate a password, click the generate link. Then click OK in the popup window. This will transfer the generated password to the Password and Re-Enter Password fields.
|Re-Enter Password *||Re-enter the connection's password. If you used the "generate" feature, described above, the password will already be re-entered.|
|Phone Number *||Select a prefix, if necessary, then enter the connection's phone number.|
|Country *||Select the connection's country.|
|Time Zone *||Select the connection's time zone.|
|Additional Info||Enter any additional information about the user. This information will be displayed on the Connection Details and Edit a Connection pages.|
- Click Create Connection.
- Click the Edit Photo link. This will open the Update Photo popup:
- Click Browse.
- Navigate to and select the photo you wish to use.
If the photo is too large, you'll be asked to crop it.
- A photo preview will display. If you're happy with the photo, click Apply Changes. Alternatively, click the Return to Upload link to upload a different photo and repeat Steps 2-3.
- Click Update.
|Forward this topic to others|