Administrators and Super Administrators
Workplace Online > Team > Members > + Add a Member button
You'll use this view to add members to your team one at a time.
If you want to add several team members at once, refer to the Import Team Members section of the Members topic.
- Go to Workplace OnlineWorkplace Online is the web portal that users within a team can use to access their data and administer their team. > TeamA team is an entity, usually a company, which subscribes to the Workplace service. A team is made up of members and connections. > Members.
- Click the + Add a MemberA member is any user with a Autotask Workplace account and the ability to be allocated storage within the Autotask Workplace environment. button.
- Complete the fields on the New Member page as described in the table below:
|First Name/Last Name *||Enter the first and last name of the member.|
|Email Address *||Enter the email address of the member.|
|Password *||Enter the member's password. They'll be able to change it when they log in, if they wish.
If you would like the system to auto-generate a password, click the generate link. Then click OK in the popup window. This will transfer the generated password to the Password and Re-Enter Password fields.
|Re-Enter Password *||Re-enter the member's password. If you used the "generate" feature, described above, the password will already be re-entered.|
|Phone Number *||Select a prefix, if necessary, then enter the member's phone number.|
|UserA user is anyone with access to Workplace. Storage *||Use the + and - icons to increase or decrease the amount of storage available to the user, or enter an amount manually. The default value for this field is 2GB.
The storage allocation cannot exceed the amount displayed in the Team Storage area to the right of this field.
Please note that any files stored within a project use the storage allocation of the ProjectA project is a top-level folder within Autotask Workplace. A project is the primary container for all the folders and files that are synchronized by the Workplace service. Projects create the basic organizational structure to store data and control user access. owner, regardless of who uploads the files.
|Country *||Select the member's country.|
|Time Zone *||Select the member's time zone.|
|Additional Info||Enter any additional information about the user. This information will be displayed on the Team Member Details andEdit a Team Member pages.|
|Allow Backup||In addition to the core functionality of Workplace"Workplace" describes the Autotask Workplace service in its entirety. as a file sync and collaboration service, it can also be used to
|This member is an Administrator of the Team||Select this check box to give the member an administrator security level for this team. Refer to Security Levels.|
|This member is a Super Admin of the team||Select this check box to give the member a super administrator security level for this team. Refer to Security Levels.|
|This member can create Connections||Select this check box to allow this member to add new Connections.|
- Click Create Member.
- Click the Edit Photo link. This will open the Update Photo popup:
- Click Browse.
- Navigate to and select the photo you wish to use.
If the photo is too large, you'll be asked to crop it.
- A photo preview will display. If you're happy with the photo, click Apply Changes.
Alternatively, click the Return to Upload link to upload a different photo and repeat Steps 2-3.
- Click Update.
|Forward this topic to others|