Create New Users by Copying an Existing User
Administrators and Super Administrators
Members with permission to create connections may create connections by copying
New users (members and connections) can be created as copies of an existing user. Whether you only want to create a single new user or you need to create a lot of new ones, basing those new users on an existing user will save you an enormous amount of data entry and configuration time.
When you copy an existing user, the following information is carried over from the existing user:
- GroupA group is a collection of members and/or connections. Groups can be share recipients, thus making sharing simpler and more convenient. membership
- PolicyA policy is a configurable site-wide setting that dictates how Autotask Workplace will behave for your team. profiles
- Storage quota (unless overwritten during .csv import)
- Time Zone
- Security Level (administrator or super administrator)
The following information is not copied:
- Username (email address)
- Phone number
- ProjectA project is a top-level folder within Autotask Workplace. A project is the primary container for all the folders and files that are synchronized by the Workplace service. Projects create the basic organizational structure to store data and control user access. shares (except projects shared with groups that the user is added to as part of this process)
You may use this feature in the following ways:
- Right-click on the user you wish to copy and select Copy:
Click on the user to open the UserA user is anyone with access to Workplace. Detail page and click the Copy button:
- Go to ConfigurationConfiguration is the area within Autotask Workplace Online that allows you to customize your site, add your integrations, and configure the site-wide policies that dictate how Autotask Workplace will behave for your team. > Active Directory > New ActiveDirectory Users:
Go to TeamA team is an entity, usually a company, which subscribes to the Workplace service. A team is made up of members and connections. > Members or Connections > Available in ActiveDirectory:
Right-click the user to import and select Provision as copy.
- Click Create User.
- Go to Team > Members or Connections > Import Members or Import Connections:
- Click Choose File.
- Select the .csv to import.
- Select the user whose settings you wish to copy.
- Click Import.
- The settings that will be copied are displayed. Verify that the copied settings are the ones you want.
- If necessary, amend the Full Name, Email, Phone Number and/or Storage settings.
- Click Create Members or Create Connections to create the new users.
Order of precedence for storage allocation when importing from CSV:
- Manually selected storage quota from drop-down menu after clicking import (all users in CSV listed with drop-down to change storage) overrides 2-4, below.
- Storage quota defined in CSV overrides 3 and 4, below.
- The storage quota copied from the original user overrides 4, below.
- Team Default storage quota (configuration > Policy Profiles > Defaults).
|Forward this topic to others|