Administrators and Super Administrators
Workplace Online > Team > Members > or right-click the member > Edit
You'll use this page to edit information about your team members, change their passwords, reset their two-factor authentication (if applicable), or adjust their individual storage allocation. You can also convert a team member to a connection on this page.
If you want to adjust the storage allocation of more than one team member, refer to Manage Team Storage Quota.
- Update information as necessary. Refer to the table below for all fields and functions:
|First Name/Last Name *||Enter the first and last name of the member.|
|Email Address *||Enter the email address of the member.|
|Phone Number *||Select a prefix, if necessary, then enter the member's phone number.|
|UserA user is anyone with access to Workplace. Storage *||Use the + and - icons to increase or decrease the amount of storage available to the user, or enter an amount manually. The default value for this field is 2GB.
The storage allocation cannot exceed the amount displayed in the Team Storage area to the right of this field.
Please note that any files stored within a project use the storage allocation of the ProjectA project is a top-level folder within Autotask Workplace. A project is the primary container for all the folders and files that are synchronized by the Workplace service. Projects create the basic organizational structure to store data and control user access. owner, regardless of who uploads the files.
|Country *||Select the member's country.|
|Time Zone *||Select the member's time zone.|
|Allow Backup||In addition to the core functionality of Workplace"Workplace" describes the Autotask Workplace service in its entirety. as a file sync and collaboration service, it can also be used to back up your computer,
|This member is an Administrator of the Team||Select this check box to give the member an administrator security level for this team. Refer to Security Levels.|
|This member is a Super Admin of the team||Select this check box to give the member a super administrator security level for this team. Refer to Security Levels.|
|This member can create Connections||Select this check box to allow this member to add new Connections.|
- Click Update.
- Click the Edit Photo link. This will open the Update Photo popup:
- Click Browse.
- Navigate to and select the photo you wish to use.
If the photo is too large, you'll be asked to crop it.
- A photo preview will display. If you're happy with the photo, click Apply Changes. Alternatively, click the Return to Upload link to upload a different photo and repeat Steps 2-3.
- Click Update.
This option will only appear if 2FA is enabled for the user.
- Click the Reset 2FA button.
- Confirm the reset in the resulting popup window.
- Click the Change into ConnectionA connection is a restricted user with a named Autotask Workplace account. Connections do not have storage quota allocated to them, they cannot create projects, and they cannot see all members and connections on the team. button. This will open the Convert Account popup:
When you convert a member to a connection, they will no longer be able to create new projects or backup. All existing backups will be permanently deleted. The storage quota allocated to this member will be freed up and can be allocate to other members. Note that projects owned by the member must be reassigned before their account can be converted. Please be certain that you want to convert the team member to a connection before completing this process.
- Click Convert Account.
|Forward this topic to others|