SECURITY Administrators and Super Administrators
NAVIGATION Workplace Online » Configuration » Single Sign-On
The Single Sign-On feature allows for an additional method of authentication when accessing Workplace OnlineWorkplace Online is the web portal that users within a team can use to access their data and administer their team..
NOTE These instructions are a supplement to our topic on Single Sign-On. Please use this guide in conjunction with those instructions.
- Login to your Okta portal as an administrator:
- Click Admin.
- Select the Applications tab.
- Click Add Application.
- Search for Workplace"Workplace" describes the Workplace service in its entirety., and click Add on the resulting Workplace application.
- Enter the subdomain, then click Next.
To confirm the correct subdomain, login to Workplace Online. Once logged in, make note to the subdomain in the URL - this is the part between the “https://“ and “.workplace.datto.com/“.
- Select the users who will be able to authenticate via Okta for SSO sign-in to Workplace.
- Click Next.
- Click Done to confirm completion of the setup in Okta.
- Select the Sign On tab.
You can return to this at any point by following steps 1 - 3, then clicking on the Workplace application.
- Click Identity Provider Metadata to download an XML file, or right click and copy the linked address. Either the XML or the URL can be used to complete the configuration within Workplace Online. Please refer to Single Sign-On to complete the setup.
NOTE You may need to rename the XML, appending the file name with “.xml”.