SECURITY Administrators and Super Administrators
NAVIGATION Dashboard » Downloads button
NAVIGATION Team » Manager Server » Download icon
Before installing Workplace ServerWorkplace Server is a component of the Workplace service. It makes all your files accessible through Workplace while retaining local, centralized data storage so that your data is also available via your local area network (LAN). The Workplace service keeps all data on your LAN accessible internally and in sync with Workplace., please be certain your system meets the Workplace Server Requirements and please carefully review the information referenced in our Getting Started topic.
Please note that in order to take advantage of all Workplace Server features, users must install or upgrade to Workplace DesktopAlso known as the Workplace Desktop app, and in the context of this documentation, simply "the app," Workplace Desktop is the software installed on a computer that is responsible for synchronizing data between the local drive and the cloud. 7.0.
- Download the installation file from DashboardThe dashboard is an integrated, intelligent overview of all your recent project activities in Workplace. » Downloads button or TeamA team is an entity, usually a company, which subscribes to the Workplace service. A team is made up of members and connections. » Manage Servers » Download icon
- Run the downloaded .msi file. This will result in the following popup:
- Click the Next button. The following popup will display:
- Choose the logon account for the Workplace Server service. If you choose the Account option, enter the domain\user and the password associated with that user account.
- Click the Install button. A setup progress window will display.
If, at any time during the installation process, a popup asking if you want to allow the program to install software on your computer appears, click the Yes button.
- When the installation process is complete, the following popup will display:
- Click the Finish button. The following window will display:
- Enter your username (email) and password for an administrator account for the Workplace team, then click the OK button. If you do not have any linked Workplace accounts, skip to Step 11. If you have one or more linked Workplace accounts, the following popup will appear:
- Select the Workplace account you want to use in conjunction with Workplace Server, then click the Next button.
If you have selected the team associated with your primary account, skip to Step 11. If you have selected a linked account, the following popup will display:
- Enter the password associated with the account you selected, then click the Next button.
- The Privacy Overview and LicenseA Workplace license is used to provision a member or connection so that they may access the service. Terms popup will display:
If you have read and accept the information in the popup, select the I accept the privacy overview and license terms radio button, then click the Next button.
NOTE If you use the default selection (Account (domain\user)) the account must be part of the admin group and listed in the "Log on as a service" policy in the Local Security PolicyA policy is a configurable site-wide setting that dictates how Workplace will behave for your team..
NOTE The LocalSystem account typically will not have sufficient permissions to the data set to sync; the account selected to run the service under requires full permissions to the data set in order for syncing to function properly! The Windows UserA user is anyone with access to Workplace. account is more likely to have the necessary permissions to the data set, but must be part of the Admin group and listed in the “Log on as a service” policy in the Local Security Policy.
NOTE When Workplace Server is installed on a device, it automatically creates a “Datto Workplace Server Violations” folder on the Desktop for the user profile under which it was installed. This folder is used as a storage area for sync violation files.
NOTE Workplace Server is installed and ready to use. For more information about Workplace Server configuration, please refer to Workplace Server: Settings.
- Go to the Control Panel » Programs and Features.
- Select Workplace Server.
- Click Change. The following window will display:
- Click the Next button. The following window will display:
- Click the Remove button. The uninstall process will run, and the following popup will display:
- Click the OK button in the popup. The following popup will display:
- Click the Yes button. The following window will display:
- If you intend to reinstall Workplace Server on the same device and wish to retain the same account information, click the Yes button.
If you do not intend to reinstall Workplace Server on the same device, or if you do wish to reinstall it but do not want to retain the same account information when you reinstall, click the No button.
The following window will display:
- Click the Finish button to complete the process.