Workplace Online > Devices > click device
This page displays detailed information about a device you have associated with Workplace"Workplace" describes the Autotask Workplace service in its entirety. and provides access to several device-related functions:
This process will rename your device in Workplace Online only.
- Open the DeviceA device is computing device that has access to Autotask Workplace, including both mobile devices and computers. Detail.
- Click Rename. This will pen the Rename Device popup:
- Enter the new name.
- Click Save.
The options in this popup will vary, depending on the current status of the device as follows:
|Device Status||Available Actions|
* Wipe is an additional option when you disable or recycle a device.
Disabled devices will not be able to connect to the Workplace service until enabled again. If the device is lost or has been stolen, the user should also consider changing your password for security reasons.
Files will be deleted from recycled devices in 14 days. You can restore any necessary files during this period.
- Click Manage.
- Click Enable.
This feature is only available if you have created a backup for one or more devices. Refer to Back Up Your Computer for more information on creating backups.
- Select the device that has the backed up files you wish to restore.
- Click the Restore button, in the top right corner of the page.
- Select the file or folder you wish to restore.
- Click Restore.
- Select the machine to restore the files too, then select Continue.
- Select one of the following options:
- Use Desktop Folder
Downloads the backup to the Desktop folder on the selected device
- Use default restore folder Downloads the backup to the default downloads folder on the selected device
- Browse for a different directory
Open another dialog box, allowing you to specify the download location.
Depending on the size of the backup, the restore time may range from a few hours to a few days.
|Forward this topic to others|